Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Vice President, Legal
Head Office, Toronto, ON, CAN
Build your future with Cadillac Fairview!
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more than 50 years, Cadillac Fairview has been leading the way in commercial real estate with innovative design, development and management.
We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits and progressive compensation packages that reward and recognize talent. Our tailored learning and development programs are designed to ensure our people continuously learn and grow.
As a key contributor to the Corporate Legal Department, collaborate with the Development and Investment teams.
- Provide legal assistance to internal clients on asset and corporate acquisition and dispositions, including reviewing, structuring, negotiating and completing transactions for the purchase and sale of properties, entities or other assets in domestic and various international jurisdictions.
- Provide legal assistance on asset and corporate financings and re-financings, including commercial construction financings.
- Provide legal assistance on development and re-development of retail, office, land and mixed-use assets and joint-venture arrangements, including reviewing, structuring, negotiating agreements and completing transactions.
- Work collaboratively with and provide oversight and direction to external legal counsel on transactions, litigation, and other matters.
- Assist with compliance, corporate governance, reporting and Board of Directors matters as required.
- Advise and inform management on regulatory developments and requirements affecting the corporation’s business operations.
- Law degree and admission to the Bar for purposes of practice in at least one province.
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Upper Canada with a minimum of 5 post-call years of experience in a law firm or a corporate legal department practicing commercial real estate.
- Significant demonstrated experience with asset purchase and sale transactions, corporate M&A transactions, financing, real estate development/planning work and landlord-side commercial leasing.
- Experience in corporate, tax or other areas of commercial law would be an asset.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel
- Proven track record of adding value to an organization through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Strong analytical skills, articulate and persuasive, strong negotiator,
- Sound legal and business judgment founded on experience
- In-depth knowledge of commercial real estate law and strong reputation in industry.
- Very detail oriented
- Strong client service orientation and delivery
- Strong collaborative approach, excels in a team environment
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or French would be an asset.
- Establishes effective relationships with internal and external clients, networks effectively and relates well to individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration.
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Sets clear objectives, plans activities well in advance and manages time effectively.
- Expresses opinions and arguments clearly and convincingly and makes presentations with confidence.
If you’re looking to join a team where we are excited to bring out the best in our people and share a common commitment to each other, our clients and outpacing our competition, then you may be ready for this opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of Law - General
Ability to Multi-task
Business Knowledge and Improvement, Real Estate/Property Managment
Communicates Effectively, Clear and Concise (oral and written communication)