Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Development Accounting Analyst
Head Office, Toronto, ON, CAN
Build your future with Cadillac Fairview!
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more than 50 years, Cadillac Fairview has been leading the way in commercial real estate with innovative design, development and management.
We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits and progressive compensation packages that reward and recognize talent. Our tailored learning and development programs are designed to ensure our people continuously learn and grow.
The Development Accounting Analyst is responsible for managing various templates and reports to be distributed to various departments and business partnerships within the industry. This role will track and monitor the data and data integrity and proactively lead data remediation efforts in order to prepare monthly proforma reconciliation and status reports as well as to ensure a smooth closing of final project proforma cost and profit return.
The Development Accounting Analyst will manage and map construction account codes for new projects managed by third party to ensure greater process efficiencies and industry standards as well as review third party reports, construction draws and cash call request to ensure compliance with procedures and internal controls.
- Identify ways to improve the existing reporting templates for distribution. Create and manage new templates for various development reports.
- Provide support with setting up new joint ventures projects: co-owners cash funding and financial reporting requirements by coordinating with various parties including Head Office Finance & Treasury, lawyers and co-owners.
- Be responsible for the mapping process of new third party managed projects into the construction account; Conduct regular audits and identify any data discrepancies with accounting records.
- Review monthly financial reports submitted by third party manager, and follow up when required by ensuring compliance with third party managed project protocols and procedures.
- Review monthly development construction draws request and co-owner cash call request by ensuring compliance with draws procedures and internal controls.
- Be responsible for closing the final project proforma cost and profit return and reconciling accounting records for the completed development project and liaise with the development project and accounting team to ensure greatest accuracy.
- Prepare and maintain the master list of existing and new final project proformas and distribute report
- Prepare monthly project proforma status reports by gathering information and following up with Development team to ensure accuracy; Conduct regular audits on Active Proforma and Construction Status Reports and ensure the data is most current and accurate.
- Produce quarterly reports on project recoverables; Prepare monthly reconciliation and follow up with Development and Accounting teams on record discrepancies and status of recoverable from tenants and operations.
- Provide support on assessment of current development group business procedures and accounting for development policies; Recommend and find greater efficiencies to current development business procedures by actively participating in meetings and discussions between the development and accounting teams.
- Post-Secondary Education in any of the fields: Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics
- Current enrollment, working towards a CGA or CMA designation
- 5 – 7 years working experience in accounting with a minimum of 3 years of direct real estate, property management and construction industry exposure
- Very good understanding of financial analysis, NPV, IRR, cash flows and profit return analysis related to real estate development & redevelopment projects
- Working experience in communicating with all cross functional organization teams
- Working experience with project/s in a joint ventures business environment
- Excellent proficiency in advanced Excel (this includes, but not limited to H-lookup, V-lookup, macros, pivot tables)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of teams and staff in an efficient, diplomatic and understandable manner
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organizational abilities and the ability to cope with multiple demands in a fast pace environment
- A detail oriented focus and are focused on accuracy
- Team player attitude
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- The ability to work overtime (may be required during quarter and fiscal year end)
If you’re looking to join a team where we are excited to bring out the best in our people and share a common commitment to each other, our clients and outpacing our competition, then you may be ready for this opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Commerce
Community College, Business
Business Knowledge and Improvement
Real Estate/Property Managment
Collaborates with Others, Recognizes Importance of Teamwork
Committed to Customers, Responsiveness
Demonstrates Functional Expertise, Analytical Skills