Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Manager Security and Life Safety II
Chinook Centre - Management
Chinook Centre, Calgary, AB, CAN
Build your future with Cadillac Fairview!
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more than 50 years, Cadillac Fairview has been leading the way in commercial real estate with innovative design, development and management.
We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits and progressive compensation packages that reward and recognize talent. Our tailored learning and development programs are designed to ensure our people continuously learn and grow.
To manage fire & life safety program and ensure applicable legislative, industry and company standards are maintained, and to manage occupational health & safety (OH&S) program, ensuring workplace safety is prioritized and applicable OH&S legislative codes and company standards are maintained.
- Manage fire & life safety program and ensure applicable legislative, industry and company standards are maintained.
- Manage occupational health & safety (OH&S) program and ensure applicable OH&S legislative codes and company standards are maintained.
- Chair Joint Health & Safety Committee (JH&SC) and ensure occupational health and safety is prioritized and effectively practiced throughout all areas of the workplace.
- Implement and maintain a program of regular inspections and risk assessments in common areas, work areas and tenant leased premises for the purposes of identifying and correcting hazardous, unsafe working conditions.
- Manage emergency response and business continuity program including preparation and upkeep of Emergency Response Plan (ERP), Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Fire Safety Evacuation Plans in support of an effective and sustained response effort in emergencies.
- Manage crisis communications to support the timely and effective notification of applicable stakeholders in emergencies.
- Ensure company emergency management standards are maintained including: conduct of tenants and suppliers, Security/Life Safety and Property staff training; ERP & BCP plans/processes; Monthly/Annual Emergency Drills; Post-incident debriefs; Emergency Notifications System(s), and; the Emergency Response Line (ERL) process
- Lead, manage, mentor, recruit, train, disipline in-house Security Personnel in a professional, ethical, timely manner.
- Be a key participation in the Property Green Team and all Security related initiatives. Participate with management team in developing long term strategies for property, including future development
- Manage and coordinate operational security and life safety program, including allocation of required resources and the implementation and monitoring of work schedules/duties in accordance with legislative, company and operational requirements/standards.
- Manage a security incident reporting process and ensure that relevant security incident data is captured, reported and analyzed to provide an accurate picture of security incident patterns.
- Manage electronic security systems and technology and ensure systems are operated, monitored and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s and operational guidelines.
- Manage a physical security program and ensure that access control is maintained and security measures effectively deter, delay, control and/or respond to a wide range of security threats.
- Respond to calls for service and security-related incidents as required, and conduct other operational duties as assigned by the General Manager (or designate)
- Prepare and administer Security and Life Safety Department operating and capital budgets and coordinate associated financial forecasting and reporting. Optimize revenues and expenditures to leverage maximum value from the security and life safety investment.
- A minimum of 7 years working in a commercial real estate security environment, ideally in positions of increasing responsibility – or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7 years of security management experience, ideally at a property or properties of complex scope (i.e. large, mixed-use facility) – or equivalent work experience
- Community college diploma (or equivalent business management qualification) in Security/Life Safety, Risk Management or Criminology-related discipline is preferred
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Lotus Notes
- Some knowledge of Security and Life Safety technology (i.e. CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm, Intrusion) and other security-related systems
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, provincial and municipal legislation and regulations in the area of Security and Life Safety management
- Sound knowledge of industry techniques and emergent trends in Security and Life Safety management, as well as Risk Management and Crime Prevention
- Ability to work in a unionized environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to motivate, coach and mentor
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealings at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work weekends
If you are looking to join an award-winning team where people truly care about making a difference and share a common commitment to quality and best-in-class service, then you may be ready for this opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Arts, Other
Law / Security / Enforcement
Police Foundation / Correction
Timely Decision Making
Collaborates with Others
Maintains Productive Relationships
Recognizes Importance of Teamwork
Committed to Customers
Develops and Maintains Relationships
Communicates Effectively, Clear and Concise (oral and written communication)
Leads People and Teams, Develops Direct Reports and Others