Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
General Manager II, Toronto Eaton Centre (Retail)
Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto, ON, CAN
Build your future with Cadillac Fairview!
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more than 50 years, Cadillac Fairview has been leading the way in commercial real estate with innovative design, development and management.
We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits and progressive compensation packages that reward and recognize talent. Our tailored learning and development programs are designed to ensure our people continuously learn and grow.
This role is responsible for every aspect of leading Toronto Eaton Centre retail property and its team, creating a strategic vision for the shopping centre, executing branding and marketing initiatives that position the property as a destination experience to achieve its financial goals. This role is accountable to retail clients, customers, and all stakeholders.
- Proactively identify broad business opportunities and risks, including potential development, redevelopment, and expansion opportunities, and effectively communicate ideas and unique market knowledge to influence the strategic management of the asset.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, demonstrating strong awareness of client's business and issues, and generating creative solutions to support mutual goals.
- Implement the corporate strategy at the property level.
- Accountable for collaborating with other departments within the organization to ensure successful execution of the client onboarding process.
- Effectively executes corporate standards and programs, assuring compliance with legislated and corporate policies and programs.
- In close collaboration with the General Manager of Toronto Eaton Centre office property, engage employees by providing regular monthly coaching to all direct reports and other staff members involved with the retail property, utilizing skills and tools to leverage employee strengths and developmental areas, individually and within a group, consistent with One CF culture and feedback expectations.
- Effectively co-manage talent through the ownership of property level succession plans, identification of top talent and forming effective development plans.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing sales performance, maximizing revenue and strengthening specialty leasing, with a focus on branding and marketing to bring in new business, enhance existing business, and improve revenue.
- Leads change at the property level through behaviour modeling and championing of corporate initiatives.
- Train and guide all staff to maintain and enhance performance standards and to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Approve and oversee an effective property management and building maintenance program to protect Cadillac Fairview, client and stakeholder interests.
- Approve and oversee an effective safety and security program to ensure protection of clients and public from physical harm and CF from possible litigation.
- Effectively prepare for and manage crisis situations where there is an immediate threat to people or property, serious threat to interrupt operations, damage reputation, or otherwise negatively impact the business.
- Implement, manage and measure all aspects of CF’s internal sustainability program, GREEN AT WORK, for the retail property, including energy management, waste management and diversion, sustainable procurement, and retail client and public communication plans.
- Monitor and provide feedback to staff, suppliers and clients with regard to accounts receivable and accounts payable, and achievement of financial goals.
- Prepare and oversee retail operating budget.
- Completion of an Undergraduate Degree BBA/BComm/Bachelor Economics with a concentration in one of the following areas: Business, Finance or Retail/Property Management;
- Completion of a Master’s degree an asset (MBA);
- A minimum of 7-10 years of progressive and related retail or property management experience of which at least 3 years are in a supervisory/management capacity;
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of CF’s overall business practices, policies, and procedures, typically obtained through on-the-job experience;
- Significant working knowledge and experience with the following, as it relates to a shopping centre environment: lease administration, marketing strategies, and accounting techniques;
- Previous experience managing in a unionized environment is an asset;
- Computer literacy: proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent presentation skills - previous experience delivering presentations to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, a desire to learn, providing insights and finding better ways of doing things.
- Leverages market, industry and political knowledge and relationships, accompanied by general business acumen, to facilitate the achievement of business goals.
- Manages career and self-development.
- Demonstrates functional knowledge and business acumen.
- Fosters innovation and change.
- Successfully manages multiple tasks with varying deadlines utilizing strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Actively collaborates within the organization, sharing best practices and ideas, and developing an internal network.
- Displays composure and self-awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; in Eastern Canada, must be bilingual
- Strong leadership skills including proven ability to motivate, delegate and empower employees effectively.
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills - proven ability to leverage employee strengths and developmental areas, individually and within a group to develop employees.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills - ability to handle multiple tasks within varying deadlines.
- Good judgment skills – exercises appropriate level of discretion regarding confidential and sensitive information.
If you are looking to join an award-winning team where people truly care about making a difference and share a common commitment to quality and best-in-class service, then you may be ready for this opportunity.
Posting Deadline Date 1/24/2014
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Arts, Economics
Bachelor of Commerce, Finance
Ability to Multi-task
Meets Deadlines and Commitments
Business Knowledge and Improvement, Real Estate/Property Managment
Collaborates with Others
Maintains Productive Relationships
Works Effectively with Others
Committed to Customers
Develops and Maintains Relationships
Communicates Effectively, Clear and Concise (oral and written communication)
Demonstrates Functional Expertise, Analytical Skills