Please enable cookies in your browser.
Back to Job List
Property Accountant II
TEC Property Management
Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto, ON, CAN
Build your future with Cadillac Fairview!
The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more than 50 years, Cadillac Fairview has been leading the way in commercial real estate with innovative design, development and management.
We take pride in offering comprehensive benefits and progressive compensation packages that reward and recognize talent. Our tailored learning and development programs are designed to ensure our people continuously learn and grow.
To maintain, prepare, analyze and report accurate financial statements on a timely basis in accordance with company policy/guidelines for both internal and external use.
- Maintain the G/L and working paper files for all cost centres by posting journal entries, preparing financial statements for audit and reconciling bank accounts to ensure that financial reports and statements reflect accurate numbers for senior management and co-owners;
- Plan operating budget for property by preparing supporting schedules, variance analysis and coordinating with other departments to provide senior management and co-owners with accurate forecasts for plan years;
- Process tenant year-end realty tax and CAM billings, percentage rent monthly and year-end invoicing by reconciling expenses, preparing statements for audit, variance analysis, tenant spreadsheets, shortfall analysis and interim billings in order to meet the requirements of the tenants’ lease and provide auditors with timely and accurate information;
- Provide backup for accounts payable or accounts receivable when necessary by entering data electronically or processing bank transactions in order to maintain information flow during the absence of account administrator;
- Prepare monthly management report package for co-owners including various reports, detailed schedules and variance analysis by coordinating with other departments to consolidate information and provide the financial information required for decision making by senior management and co-owners;
- Build long-term relationships with tenants and co-owners by focusing on longer term customer issues and solutions;
- Interpret business numbers to put them into the appropriate context for others to act upon;
- Combination of the following complexity factors: multiple lease types and development leading to significant increase in GLA;
- Manage financial resources associated with projects or other financial transactions;
- Handle and track larger amounts of cash or payments;
- Ensure resources are not mislaid and that appropriate steps are taken by others regarding distribution, maintenance and storage;
- Protect significant material resources by putting in place the controls and standards needed to safeguard these from serious misuse or damage;
- Exercise the highest level of discretion regarding release of very confidential information;
- Ensure critical business information is accurate, readily available and secured to protect against unauthorized use or access.
If you are looking to join an award-winning team where people truly care about making a difference and share a common commitment to quality and best-in-class service, then you may be ready for this opportunity.
- University Degree in Business/Accounting preferred;
- 4th year or above CA/CGA/CMA;
- 5 years related experience in a real estate or property management environment;
- Advanced knowledge or financial reporting requirements, budget planning and forecasting and accounting policy and procedures(GAAP);
- Working knowledge of external industry accounting trends and best practices;
- Basic knowledge of legal documentation;
- Strong computer skills with a high level of competence in Microsoft Office i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access;
- Previous experience with the CTI Financial System and SSLE an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (French is required in Québec);
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress;
- Able to interact at all organizational levels;
- Supervisory skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting
Certificates & Designations
Certified General Accountant - CGA
Certified Management Accountant - CMA
Ability to Multi-task
Business Knowledge and Improvement, Real Estate/Property Managment
Communicates Effectively, Clear and Concise (oral and written communication)
Demonstrates Functional Expertise, Microsoft Office Applications