Toronto - 20 Queen Office, ON, CAN
Data & Technology
The Senior Project Manager works closely with the Data & Technology (D&T) leadership to proactively identify, develop, and drive short-term and long-term business enabling technology solutions. They are responsible for understanding the specific needs, budgets, and interests of the business / project and how these relate to their particular application portfolio, while ensuring compliance with D & T policies and procedures, through a thorough understanding of the Organization’s strategic initiatives. Duties shall include ensuring proper project governance, project monitoring, risks and issue and performance tracking, implementing corrective actions, status reporting, and ensuring the completion of all project deliverables on time and on budget. The Senior Project Manager directly supervises and monitors the operational and project activities, external providers, and internal D&T support staff.
What you will deliver:
- Manages various size matrixed teams for any given D&T project or effort.
- Removes obstacles or inefficiencies from projects and teams.
- Facilitates high team productivity through efficient process and transparency within the team.
- Works with individual clients to establish project charter, critical path milestones and gain consensus on required project resources.
- Manages multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Ensures an effective implementation and rollout that maximizes solution value
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement within the client delivery organization.
- Manage stakeholder relationships and project work assignments, administrative updates and project artifacts.
- Provides project status updates, organize and participates in project working meetings and steering committee meetings.
- Establish and manage relationships with the Business and/or vendors to sustain a strong delivery and governance framework
- Ensure quality solutions and process are implemented for each client maximizing client ROI and minimizing rework.
- Lead client and project team members to define and document client business requirements, assess the need for, and recommend process enhancements, and document infrastructure, software and integration specifications for configuring the solution.
- Supervise development and maintenance of iteration plans and supporting documentation which track progress against project deliverables, tasks, and activities.
- Proactively identify and mitigate or resolve project risks and issues.
- Collaborate effectively with other areas within the organization to address and resolve client issues.
- Manage communication of appropriate project information to clients and the teams.
- Ensure a successful client transition from implementation to support.
What your strengths are:
- Experience in supporting hosted software or Software as a Service (SAAS).
- Business automation and workflow process development desirable.
- Must be able to learn quickly, lead teams of various sizes as well as make strong individual contributions and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment.
- Ability to act independently, take initiative and drive tasks and issues to resolution.
What you need to succeed:
- University degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or a similar discipline combined with relevant experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Scrum certification would be an asset
- ERP implementation experience is an asset in the real estate industry
- 10+ years of business experience with 7+ years of demonstrated experience managing large complex projects.
- 7+ years of experience with software application implementations.
- Strong technical engagement/project management, interpersonal, communication, documentation and problem-solving skills are essential. Experience with technical implementations and integrations preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of both Classic and Agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in facilitation, negotiation, presentation, and relationship building.