Toronto - 20 Queen Office, ON, CAN
The Manager, Sustainability (Disclosures) will be responsible for developing disclosure and certification strategies; engaging clients, owners, and cross-functional stakeholders; and streamlining processes for sustainability and emissions reporting, certification, disclosures, and assurance, in alignment with CF’s Our Planet Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy. The role will oversee CF’s ongoing and future disclosure (e.g., GRESB, PRI, TDFC, SBTi and assurance processes, while contributing to development of templates and strategies for Leasing / Marketing, Investments, and Development.
The successful candidate will be someone who can engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and lead collaboration on specific initiatives. They will have experience in third-party data assurance, strategy development, strong communications skills, and knowledge of leading practices and regulatory requirements for sustainability; existing or emerging industry benchmarking, certification, and disclosure tools; client reporting; and requirements for various asset classes including office, retail, industrial and residential.
What you will deliver:
- Manage CF’s reporting and disclosures to regulatory bodies, industry benchmarks, clients, co-owners, owners, government/regulatory and certification bodies across the organization to align with CF’s Our Planet ESG and asset class strategies.
- Develop disclosures and certifications strategy (e.g., GRESB, UNPRI, TCFD, PCAF, GHG and Scope 3 emissions)
- Oversee internal and external data assurance processes to ensure credible, high-quality reporting through external third-party assurance, in compliance with international standards, for Internal Audit and CF’s Audit Committee
- Manage processes for reporting to stakeholders on Our Planet ESG Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), financial, energy and emissions data, sharing progress with stakeholders including the Board/Executive team, Clients, Marketing and Leasing, escalating risk as applicable.
- Manage the implementation of Our Planet roadmap, and develop Land Pillar, working with Development.
- Liaise with key clients and Joint Venture (JV) partners to support client and partner experience through opportunities for sustainability improvements, client engagement programs, and data sharing. Be a key point of contact for client sustainability collaboration.
- Engage with the Investments & Development teams and consultants to provide guidance on best practices and develop efficient processes for sustainability data collection, reporting and collaboration for international properties in accordance with CF’s ESG roadmap
- Engage cross-functional internal stakeholders including Human Resources, Investments, Finance, Occupational Health & Safety, Strategic Insights & Risk, and Operations Services to deliver on CF’s reporting commitments
- Provide subject-matter expertise on disclosures and responsible procurement to enhance green leasing templates.
- Build communications plan and develop packages for Leasing and Marketing for CF’s Our Planet ESG Strategy
What your strengths are:
- Ability to engage stakeholders and team members of varying levels of seniority for effective collaboration to achieve corporate objectives
- Ability to work with data management systems for sustainability reporting and certifications
- Strong skills in analysis, design of tracking systems, and ability to interpret sustainability KPIs, to drive improved performance.
- Customer-service mindset, people skills and professionalism
- Functional knowledge with industry certification standards (e.g., LEED, BOMA BEST, WELL)
- Strong research and networking skills to perform industry benchmarking and landscape reviews
- Excellent problem-solving skills and continuous improvement mindset
- Proven project planning/management skills
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks
- Ability to produce high quality, timely, cost-effective results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Sheets
- Ability to create effective presentation material (e.g., PowerPoint)
What you need to succeed:
- Post-Secondary Degree in Business, Environmental Management, Finance, Responsible Investing, or another related field; or equivalent experience
- 5 years in an environmental sustainability role in a commercial real estate related position
- Experience with reporting benchmarks, investment, and disclosure frameworks (such as GRESB, TCFD, PCAF, UNPRI, SBTi, SASB) and third-party data assurance
- Knowledge of Scope 3 emissions, embodied carbon, and best practices for Development
- Familiarity with industry best practices, certifications and standards related to energy, carbon emissions, water, waste, biodiversity, and procurement for commercial office, retail, industrial and residential properties
- Ability to engage with stakeholders effectively and strategically at all levels and lead collaboration on strategic initiatives
- Strategy development, including competitive and regulatory research & analysis
- Strategic communications planning
- Knowledge of property management, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Familiarity with project management concepts and best practices
Why you should join us:
At Cadillac Fairview we have been transforming
communities for over 50 years. We are so much more
than our properties. We are building leaders at
all levels. We offer the challenge of interesting
work, a great organizational culture, the opportunity to
collaborate with the best in the business, and support
for your growth and development. We reward
values-based behavior and superior results with a
competitive rewards package that includes best-in-class
benefits and pension. Imagine a place where you
can make a difference!
At CF our everyday actions and critical business
decisions are guided by our CF Values. Achieving results
is naturally important for us and we achieve results
through behaviours that are consistent with our CF
Are you someone who believes in our values?
– we strive to exceed expectations
Own Your Expertise
– we empower ourselves and each other
– we bring the right people together to get
the right results
Engage with Empathy
– we objectively consider the needs of
– we drive, learn from, and adapt to
At CF you’ll join a diverse community and
award-winning team where your talent and commitment to
excellence are welcomed, valued and respected.
We’re ready to meet you there – are
CF is an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
environment. If you need reasonable accommodation during
the recruitment, assessment, and/or selection
process, please notify your CF contact or email
CF currently has a vaccination policy that is a condition of employment.